HEY THERE, I'M SHAYLYN!
When people ask me what I do for a living, I tell them: "I'm a personal brand photographer and designer! I help small businesses and entrepreneurs build a strong visual presence that makes it easy for them to inspire connection and engagement with their ideal clients."
BUT WHAT I REALLY WANT TO SAY IS....
"You know the term fake it 'til ya make it ? I help people step out of that mindset by showing them how legit they are. And once they see themselves that way, they are excited to show up for others that way! I make sure my clients have what they need to represent their business well and pump out content that isn't full of stock photos and selfies."
AND WHAT I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO SAY IS....
"I drink my coffee, get inside the minds of inspiring people, have a ton of fun taking pictures of them, and spend a lot of time playing with colors and fonts while listening to show tunes. The I watch them soar!"
I've been working behind the camera for 6 years, but actually started in front of the camera as an actress, singer, and model. Because of that career, I've learned a lot of valuable expertise and practical tips for posing my subjects, helping them find authentic emotions to capture, and seeing things with a creative approach. I have a unique perspective on connecting with an audience, and a lot of hands on experience with representing ideas and values in a concrete way. I'm no stranger to reinventing one's self and breaking out into new communities, thanks to countless auditions in the entertainment business, as well as the demands of military spouse life and the relocating and starting over that comes with each move.
Side note; I still perform often! Stay in touch to learn about the shows I'm performing in, and I'll hope you come support the Anchorage area arts!
When I'm not editing photos, designing graphics, or bingeing business podcasts, I like to spend my time:
• Outdoors trying to keep up with my mountain-man husband and wild 5 year old
• Renovating our old camper, affectionately named Dolly Parton.
• Enjoying a hot cup of French Pressed coffee in my fuzzy slippers while petting my dog.
• Daydreaming about the perfect garden I hope to grow and cook from in our one-day forever-home.
• Belting Broadway hits in the shower, the car, in voice lessons, or on stage.
• Talking and laughing late into the night with my husband, and then blaming our crumby mattress for why we are so tired all the time.